Monday, April 13, 2009

Oh my poor brain!

My brain is tired, and it is Monday, noon. This is not good. I am trying to review material, take practice tests, and then learn from my mistakes. I think the most energy goes into learning from your mistakes and then memorizing them for the next time. Wait, there might be some great life parallel in that - but I can't think about it since my brain is stuck.

If you would like to pray a prayer for my brain I would advise the following:

"Oh, Lord, grant Kristie an organized and alert brain. Help her to focus on her studies, and be able to retain the information. Help her to not get stuck in the pointless details, even if she loses points on them. Help her to know what really matters, and help her to let go of what doesn't in the end. Help her to know the difference."


It is just amazing to me how the same things in life can "trip you up", so to say. I am a perfectionist, I work hard, I will give my all to something if it is possible, and you will generally get an intense Kristie in something. I think that is a good thing, but as I told my dad yesterday, sometimes our greatest strengths are our greatest weaknesses. There is a part of me wishes that I could just generally be okay with mediocracy, the good enough, and be able to say "it's not worth it" to somethings. I don't know whether it is just how God made me, incredibly passionate and unable to accept the things that grate against the deepest parts of me, or if there is some giant character flaw in there. I am sure it's a mixture of both because sometimes it just KILLS me to relax a bit (on multiple levels and about multiple topics), but it also just KILLS me sometimes when I stop and wonder if I am taking things too seriously. I suppose it depends on the issue.


All that to say, and it is really not related to the original post, is sometimes I wear myself out. Sometimes I need help to step back and just pray for Holy Spirit eyes in things, even in my studies. Thank goodness we have a sovereign Jesus who sustains us, and who accepts us exactly as we are, no matter how well we score on a test, whether we ever get married, or whether or not we understand ourselves.


1 comment:

  1. tell me if you want a "study" buddy! Glad to hear the interview went well, and you won't (potentially) have to decide for awhile. xoxo

    ReplyDelete