Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Freak out time

Okay, I am not freaking-out about school - now that's a miracle!

I read Becca Pateneude's posting about technology updates in their house and I literally started to feel this pit of anxiety rise up in my stomach. I don't really remember how to function in the non-school world. I don't have a lot of interests outside that which makes life functional, and I have sort of morphed into an intense person. I don't know anything about technology or baking organic bread or knitting. My idea of a manageable transition back to non-school life was growing a small herb garden!

What if I can't relax? Is it okay to relax?

What's my new purpose? Where's my new purpose? Does it really matter? I think it matters to a person like me. What if I can't adjust? I will drive my friends nuts.

Will I be lonely without studying to occupy my mind and heart?

What do I like to do for fun? How do you find balance between taking life seriously, not wanting to waste a minute of it, and realizing we are just passing through?

I used to make Caleb tell me all the things I could do or would enjoy on the weekend when I was done with school because I would sort of panic at the idea of not knowing what to do with myself.

My oh my.

"Now, now..." someone would say to me.

Okay. Time to stop the thought-train here. It's time to leave the library and just trust the Lord because I really don't like change that much.

It's just another turn of the page in the book of life. We only get one day at a time, right? Praise the Lord!

No comments:

Post a Comment