Tuesday, April 21, 2009

foot in mouth

I just have to say that almost everytime I post something about what God has been teaching me, or at least puts on my heart to say outloud, it ALMOST ALWAYS comes around to bite me later. If I write about staying focused then I get distracted with the world. If I write about treasuring Christ above all things, then something usually happens that reveals an area where I am not treasuring Christ. If I write about fully obeying the Lord I no doubt will struggle shortly with something in regards to obedience. If I write about exercising spiritual muscles of faith God usually reveals in me areas where I am not exercising faith. If I write about contentment I usually really start to miss Caleb. Do you get the pattern here? Grrrr.

I think I have to be more careful about what I write. Or, I just want to remind everyone that we all have revelations, great thoughts, heart-change moments, but we are all incredibly in need of the Lord. It is a continual journey, and it is not for the faint-of-heart. May God grant the grace to not be discouraged, but rather encouraged with His continual refinement in our lives.

I leave you with some lyrics of a song that encourages me right now.
--------------------------------------------------
Blessed is the one whose sins are overcome; Whom God has sheltered deep within His grace.
Blessed is the one who trusts in God the Son; His steadfast love the sinners hiding place.

Jesus, your blood covers all my sins.
Jesus, your love draws my heart to sing "What a savior, Jesus!"

I will always hide at my Savior's side. I find my refuge in His sovereign care.
When the waters rise God will hear my cries. His steadfast love will hold me safely there.

No comments:

Post a Comment