Saturday, March 28, 2009

Tribute to Wilmar, Minnesota

Nearly one year agO I left to spend 6-weeks in Wilmar, MN doing my ER rotation. I just go in contact with the head-cheese ER doctor there and they are thinking of hiring PA's to cover some of the shifts. That would be great!







For some reason Wilmar holds a special place in my heart....

Perhaps it was the most amazing coffee shop called LuLu Beans (located inside a house),






or the windy wind, or the vast expanse of rolling green hills and lakes.









Perhaps it was the great house I stayed at (thanks Rachel Green!!) with the great view (see below and doggie), or the great nurses and MD's in the ER.







There was a beautiful little yellow house I wanted me or Caleb to buy on Wilmar Lake itself, but that obviously wouldn't have worked.




I think more than anything it was the daily peace and quiet from not having to hustle and bustle through life. I worked, slept, ate, attempted to run, wrote a lot of emails, read, and did devotions. That's about it. There were no committments, no obligations (except the long ER hours!), and I could just calmly drive the 3 miles to work on country roads that wrapped around lakes. It was at times lonely, and yet it wasn't. So, I attach some photos to show you the wonders of Wilmar and God's beautiful creation in all it's simplicity.




And my personal favorite...

1 comment:

  1. i totally agree that small towns equal less stress, hence why i'm still in sioux center.

    ReplyDelete