Sunday, March 8, 2009

Say what you need to say

A young guy at my sister's church is about to pass from here into the loving arms of his heavenly Father following a snowboarding accident. Amidst all the thoughts that brings into one's head the one that sticks out the most is that they didn't get to say goodbye (because he is in a coma and has been unconscious since the accident first occurred yesterday).

It just makes you think about meeting your Maker and be ready to meet Him. Are you ready to meet Him? Have you tidied-up things on earth? Are there unresolved conflicts, strained relationships? Stubborn hearts or unforgiveness? Is there something on your heart you have been wanting to say to someone but keep "waiting for the right time"? Have you told your kids you love them? Have you told your parents you love them? Have you called your siblings, thanked your grandparents, or touched-base with the people you walk life with?

Are you ready?

I have heard at multiple weddings the "8 most important words of your life":

I'm sorry.
I forgive you.
I love you.

I love you mom and dad - what a journey!

I love you Katie, Matt, Rob, Faithy, Pebo, and Punkin

Thank you to my wonderful extended family for so much prayers and encouragement recently. I am truly blessed.

My friends, thank you for accepting me in all my imperfections, thank you for letting me love you, and thank you for loving me.

My Savior, thank you for your unending grace and forgiveness, mercy, kindness, long-suffering, faithfulness, compassion, acceptance, and unfailing promises...it is who you are.

And, to whoever God has to be my future man and family...I can't wait until it all works out.

Sometimes you need to just say what you need to say.

1 comment:

  1. Right back at you little Fidder! And my babies love you too!

    Love you, Love me:)

    ReplyDelete