Wednesday, March 25, 2009

It once was lost, but now?

I would just like to send a shout out to my mother - and to the Lord!

I have been in a panic the last few days after the disappearance of a very critical accessory in my life this past Sunday night. I have re-traced all my steps, I have called every store or public location I have visited, and I have sent out email prayer requests. I have actually shed tears over this and lost sleep at night - yes, I am that tightly wound right now (hey, it was the night before an interview and decision-making time!). I came home today after my interview (which went well - more later), exhausted and disappointed I still hadn't found my beloved side-kick. In a gushing of sadness I told my parents my troubles, only to hear my mom say, "Oh, i know where it is...I thought you had just decided not to use it for awhile. It's on the banister upstairs." I ran upstairs, in utter jubilation and elation, and I layed eyes on my comforting friend......

.......


It was there, just as I left it....


my beautiful, lavender, Ipod-shuffle.

Now I can resume studying in peace, surrounding myself with calming music, and trying to stay focused on studying for another few weeks. Beyond on these things it was a special gift.

So, the Lord is really gracious to provide for all my needs, to remember the details of life, and to remind me that He is intimately acquainted with all my ways. Praise the Lord!!!! Thank goodness also for a very detailed and observant mother who remembers everything, or at least can reason most things out :) Nancy-Drew is her middle name.

1 comment:

  1. i was going to say... she better not have lost her cellphone again. remember that time during christmas when some dad found your phone in a parking lot? hilarious.

    ReplyDelete