Saturday, February 21, 2009

25 minutes, exactly

So my presentation on Friday was supposed to be 20 minutes, but they would ABSOLUTELY cut you off at 25 minutes.Well, as of midnight the night before, my presentation was still 30minutes and awkward, and I had only practiced 2x (not my usual norm)! I got up at 6am, practiced 1.5 times, but had to go take the 3hr computer test, which was somewhat brutal. Thankfully, other people thought it was brutal too. Ahhh, misery loves company :) I was very nervous for the presentation, but turns out so was the rest of my group, so we all sweated it out together. Ahh, strength in numbers :) The presentation went smoothly and the words just flew out of my mouth...and I wasn't cut off because I hit 25 minutes, exactly! What a miracle. Praise the Lord He hears our cries and answers our pathetic prayers for strength, coherency, and succinct communication (something that is hard to do when you are me)! So, God pulled me through...it felt lousy being so tired...but His strength was made perfect in my weakness.

Moreso, I was somewhat bummed that I didn't know what to do AFTER all the hard work was done...who would I celebrate with who could appreciate the work just accomplished? Well, the Lord used a few of my classmates to extend grace and kindness towards me and they invited me out for drinks, and then dinner at the MOA. Whoa, hadn't been there in a long while. They knew things had been "rough" and were just so kind to me, including me in their friendships, and just allowing me to tag along. A really kind girl, Amanda, followed me to my house, and then drove me to and from the mall...just so I would go.

So, God was extremely kind towards me. It didn't feel good, but He was faithful to complete the job. I feel extreme relief to have this part past me. Although there are still 12 weeks of studying ahead I KNOW that if He can get me through what He has just brought me through, then He can get me through anything. But, I won't test him :)

No comments:

Post a Comment