Tuesday, May 26, 2009

distractions

Since i have been off school i have noticed I am more distracted or delayed in getting to my morning devotions. It's like the lack of schedule makes it easy to delay, or my decreased awareness of my need, or something. Whatever it is I don't like it. I want to hunger to be with the Lord and be eager to make it the first thing of the day. Doing this just gets things off to a good start!

So this morning, and just plain recently, the distraction was awaiting a job offer (counter-offer) to come over email or phone. I was trying to read, but I kept thinking about things. It might be because I am also reading jeremiah, which is a challenging book to read, and not super exciting or understandable. Nevertheless, the job offer did come through, and it was good. So, now I have to decide if I want to stick with this or risk waiting for HCMC to get back to me on an interview I had on Friday. They will let me know more by Friday, but I have to then delay the North St. Paul one until then. Oh goodness. It's hard to decide sometimes.

Anyhoo, that's what is distracting me these days.

Lord, help my mind to be wrapped up in you. Help my heart to trust you for all things, knowing that your sovereign will shall prevail. Help me to not covet earthly treasures and paying off my loans more than serving where you want me to serve. Help me to focus and be focused by your spirit. Help me to be productive in my time off and use it for your glory! Amen.

1 comment:

  1. Yah like it is really the "job offers" that are distracting you:)

    Katie

    ReplyDelete