Monday, May 4, 2009

Graduation

I finally graduated this past Saturday May 2nd. It was a beautiful, beautiful day with lots of rejoicing and cheers from students, professors, and family! My wonderful god-mothers were both there: Auntiy Myrna and Auntie Di. Thank goodness for that Lutheran baptism with the assignment of godparents - I would be lost :)

I was very very thankful, and I still am. I must say that half the reason I didn't write more excitedly was probably because I was so ready to move on. So, nevertheless, I was very, very, thankful. A LOT of people have been praying me through this adventure for the past 3 years, and honestly, these last 5 months have been by far the most difficult for me personally. It is truly truly God's grace that got me through this last stretch, and I feel so very blessed to have been carried on His wings. I am so very ready for the "next thing" although I have not a clue what that will entail besides a job at some point and somehow and in some context moving out. I still CANNOT believe this chapter has ended and "poof!" a new one is beginning. Only the Lord knows what is next!

Of the many things I have learned the top ones that stand out are:
- take life, and any particular challenge, one day at a time (maybe two!)
- "wherever you are, be fully there" - Jim Elliot
- Commit your ways to the lord and HE WILL give you the desire of your heart - Trust in the Lord with all your heart, lean not on your own understanding, but in ALL YOUR WAYS acknowledge Him, and He will make straight your paths
- His grace is sufficient
- There is nothing like a thankfulness journal to help change your attitude
- If you think you can't get through something, just look to Jesus, for what He ordains, He sustains.
- Faithful is He who calls you
- God will use anything and everything to bring you to your knees before His cross.
- Sometimes you just have to "Trust the process"
- The Word is your very life
- Friends are very necessary in life

1 comment: