Monday, May 18, 2009

The Word

One thing God has done in my heart over the last few months is really really helped me to get in God's Word regularily. Albeit, some of the times it is because I am desperatly searching for some answer in life or solace amidst heartache. Nevertheless, it gets me in His presence and the Holy Spirit helps illuminate something to my mind and heart. You can probably tell when there is something more pressing because I write a long diatribe about something. But honestly folks, it is because I feel COMPELLED to write something about Him or some lesson. I can't stop myself sometimes. I probably get a little smothering in those times, but that's what comes with a passionate person :)

One of the reasons I am in the Word is because I NEED it so much. I need it's redirecting truths. I need the hope of its promises. I need the reminders of grace and the gospel. I need something to be excited about. I need God to satisfy my deepest parts...and it really only comes from the Word. I am so thankful that God foresaw all this when He wrote the Word and breathed His Holy Spirit into it. I am thankful for my need for it. I am so inept at understanding it at times, or I totally miss apply it at times too, and there are days I don't feel like writing a blog-entry because of it.

I just want to encourage you to return to your first love. Pray for desire to be in the Word and for a sense of awareness of your need for it...all that is just a gift from Him that He gives us. We don't manufacture desire to be with Him. I pray He gives that desire multiple times in the day; I pray that for myself mostly. I am so quick to be satisfied with other things and people, but I soon remember that they are only broken cisterns. We need the Living Water to sustain us ~ especially all you at home moms!!!! I don't know how you do it?! AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment